It’s hard to be productive at work when you’re always under pressure, your time is not your own and you can never seem to get things under control.
Being disorganized affects job performance and how others perceive you. Being disorganized can cost you and your company money, time and clients. If you’re always wading through clutter, misplacing key information or losing things in plain sight, then disorganization could be problem for you.
Why care? When you’re disorganized, you become unproductive. You waste time on things that drain your energy, instead of investing time in your passions.
If any of these statements are familiar to you, it’s time to take action:
- I’m sick of paper clutter
- I’m wasting too much time looking for information
- I don’t know what to keep and what to toss
- All of this clutter is stressing me out
It’s hard to learn to beat disorganization to win back productivity, but taking the time to create a productive environment is liberating.
Barbara Hemphill of The Productive Environment Institute teaches some great but simple principles that force you to really consider why clutter and disorganization are still getting in your way:
- First you need to understand that a productive environment is “an intentional setting in which everything around you supports your goals and who you want to be!”
- “Clutter is Postponed Decisions™”, so what decisions have you delayed?
- If you don’t know you have it, or you can’t find it, it is of NO VALUE to you!
- Today’s mail is tomorrow’s pile!™ (Don’t put off till tomorrow what you don’t want to open today!)
So don’t delay, take that first step towards winning back your productivity. Find out how productive you are and get guidance on where to go next.
Stop pouring from an empty cup!
Sign up for weekly productivity tips to get you back to the top of your priority list. Ditch feeling overwhelmed & reclaim your time!